Gas mileage is essential in saving money on your car here in the Blue Ridge, GA area. By following these simple tips from us at The Insurance Mart, you can significantly improve your gas mileage and save a lot of money on gas.
1. Keep your tires properly inflated: Under-inflated tires can lead to lower fuel efficiency due to increased rolling resistance. Properly inflated tires can improve fuel economy by up to 3%.
2. Reduce weight: Carrying extra weight in your vehicle will reduce fuel efficiency. It’s best only to carry the essentials and remove any unnecessary items from the trunk or backseat of your car.
3. Utilize cruise control: Driving with cruise control helps keep your car running at a steady speed, which will help maximize fuel efficiency.
4. Avoid idling: Idling for more than 30 seconds uses more gasoline than restarting the engine would use. If you’re waiting for someone or in a long line, turn off the engine and save some fuel!
5. Drive sensibly: Aggressive driving- speeding, rapid acceleration, and braking- can reduce gas mileage significantly. It can reduce it by up to a third when on the highway! Keeping a steady speed and avoiding sudden stops or starts will help increase fuel economy significantly.
By following these five simple tips, you can improve your gas mileage and save money on fuel costs without sacrificing performance! For more tips or to find an auto policy that is right for you, call us today. We at The Insurance Mart are proud to serve the Blue Ridge, GA area and would be happy to help you find a policy that meets your needs and budget.